When I’m not brewing beer, I work.
Senior marketing leader with strong experience in all aspects of marketing communications: digital marketing, web strategy/production, advertising, video production, PR, brand/creative, event management, web analytics, social media, email marketing, and search/content networks.
Excels at building brands, creating demand, launching products, and conceiving creative global campaigns.
Recipient of multiple industry awards; 15+ years experience managing in-house teams and agencies. Invited speaker at Stanford Graduate School of Business and San Francisco 49ers panel, and Argyle CMO Leadership forum. 8+ years as a judge for Web Awards.
Enjoys being an advocate for the user and using analytics data to drive smart business decisions.
Get in touch with me at email@example.com.
Head of Marketing 3/13 – present: Pelican Imaging, Mountain View, California
Reporting to the CEO, I own marketing for Pelican Imaging, a high-tech startup with an amazing array camera for the mobile market.
- Developed and launched a crisp, mobile-friendly website, resulting in 25% traffic increase
- Created a series of high-profile videos to promote Pelican’s array camera solution (earned Telly Award and have
received over 950,000 views)
- Established corporate/product messaging platform and all customer/investor presentations
- Drove all press relations and outreach, resulting in global feature coverage in Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, MIT Technology Review, Huffington Post, BBC News, ZDNet, Engadget, ExtremeTech, CNET, DP Review, etc.
- Created thought leadership campaign, secured keynote speaking opportunities and expert panel sessions for CEO and CTO
- Launched and managed social media campaigns (Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, YouTube, Google+) to increase exposure
- Managed UI/UX design of Pelican web and Android apps, collaborated closely with software team to implement
- Developed Google Adwords campaigns to drive web traffic, and implemented Google Analytics to measure and optimize
- Implemented lead-gen system to collect and track incoming sales leads
- Managed corporate presence at global industry events, including CES and Mobile World Congress
- Created opt-in email marketing list and launched email newsletter, resulting in 2500% increase in subscriptions
over a 12-month period
- Initiated and managed market research program, including subscriptions and analyst outreach
Senior Director, Marketing Communications 10/12 – 3/13: Prysm, Inc., San Jose, California
I led the marketing function at Prysm, a display technology company that designs and manufactures large-scale LPD video walls for customers like CNBC and Burberry. Reporting to the CEO, I managed a 5-person team (and several agencies) responsible for all aspects of marcom: web, PR, events, advertising, social media, video production, brand/creative, email marketing, and SEO/SEM.
- Hired internal web and creative team to reduce dependence on outside vendors
- Implemented Google AdWords campaign to drive web traffic; increased leads by over 50%
- Managed PR agency partnerships in US and UK to improve coverage in both mainstream and business press
- Managed sales/partner event at IAC Headquarters (NYC)
- Owned corporate presence (booth and press sponsorship) at ISE 2013 (Amsterdam)
- Launched successful email marketing campaign to boost awareness and drive lead generation
- Created 4-min video reel for use in Prysm demo centers
Director, Digital Marketing 6/02 – 10/12: Rambus, Inc., Sunnyvale, California
(Prior titles at Rambus: Manager, Web Properties; Senior Manager, eBusiness & Advertising)
- Managed an internal team and many vendors/agencies for advertising, web design/development, branding, video, hosting, localization, and SEO
- Oversaw design and production of worldwide Rambus web properties
- Managed global advertising program. Highlights include:
- Negotiated corporate sponsorship/signage with the San Jose Sharks; secured “Rambus NetCam” on Comcast Sports Net (CSN)
- Managed partnership, signage, and corporate events with San Francisco 49ers NFL franchise
- Launched an international billboard campaign to promote Rambus products near large customers in Asia and Europe
- Created “At the Heart of the Products You Love” integrated TV/online campaign
- Managed ongoing global keyword campaigns with Google AdWords
- Produced all Rambus video and multimedia pieces, including award-winning TV spots, corporate videos, executive interviews, customer case studies, product demos, and employee recruiting spotlights
- Drove social media marketing (Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook), email marketing, search marketing, and lead-gen programs
- Led corporate e-commerce initiative (integration with Oracle iStore)
- Served as key member of cross-functional IT systems oversight board
- Implemented a large-scale content management system (CMS) to streamline global site publishing
- Led multiple corporate-wide initiatives to integrate customer support, CRM, and global intranet portal
- Managed a multimillion dollar annual marketing budget
Web Development Manager, 7/00 – 6/02: Firsthand Funds, San Jose, California
- Managed a team of talented application developers and HTML/UI specialists
- Managed ongoing production of all public websites, including firsthandfunds.com and sites for financial advisors and institutional investors
- Directed the development of database-driven internal web applications and websites, including all financial reporting tools and business applications
- Defined application development standards and production/release processes for the team
- Managed web production team including HTML specialists, Perl scripters, graphic/UI designers, system administrators, writers, and information architects
- Served as final point of escalation for all HTML/scripting/graphics production issues; trained new staff in HTML and CSS authoring standards
- Led production team in the development and ongoing maintenance of 30+ mission-critical extranet and intranet sites/applications, including HR, IS, Business Applications, PhoneBook, Finance, Legal, Marketing, main portal site
- Managed the development of the iPlanet public site and the Netscape Learning public site
- Translated client needs and vision into technical requirements and information architecture for site production
Director of Client Services, 10/95 – 12/98: Manual 3, Inc. (now M3i | Works), San Jose, California
Managed the complete production of sophisticated websites for high-tech clients, including Netscape Communications, Sun Microsystems, and Oracle Corporation.
B.A. Philosophy, Santa Clara University, 1995
- Judge, Web Awards (www.webaward.org): 2005 – 2014
- Panelist, Argyle CMO Leadership Forum, NYC, 2013
- Panelist, San Francisco 49ers & Stanford Graduate School of Business “Women in Sports” event, 2011
- Judge and committee member, Rambus “Innovator the Future” scholarship, 2011, 2012
- Speaker, 2006 ActiveInsights conference on web analytics
- Speaker, 2007 WorldSummit conference on globalization
- Speaker, 2007 Santa Clara University Arts and Sciences Alumni panel
- 2006 Webby Award winner
- 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 Telly Award winner
- 2011 Cine “Golden Eagle” Award recipient